Saturday 25 September 2021

Drawn to Nature - Solo Exhibition

I'm delighted to announce a solo exhibition at Gallery 11:11, a wonderful teaching studio and exhibition space in Epping, Sydney. The exhibition, Drawn to Nature, runs from the 16th October to the 30th October 2021, with in-person and online viewing options available. Wherever you are in the world, you can have a look :-)

I'll be showing more than 20 watercolours, all inspired by nature. In this exhibition I have really focused on the beauty of the natural world, especially flowers, so it will be an explosion of colour. 

This exhibition contains a mix of original works on paper or canvas, and limited edition Giclée prints. There will also be a display of my sketchbooks, showing some of the original sketches created on location in the same space as the final paintings.

“My art inspiration and ideas come largely from the natural world – flowers, trees, rocks, people and landscapes – and I prefer to work from life, beginning with drawing. I enjoy the challenges of abstraction and incorporate abstracted backgrounds and features into many of my paintings.

My work covers a range of media – watercolour, pen and ink, collage, pastels, acrylic, oils and etching – often incorporating several into a single work. Of all these media, my favourite is watercolour, which I have been exploring for over 40 years. It is a remarkable medium that allows the qualities of the pigments to become an integral part of the painting, rather than just the addition of colour. I am constantly searching for new ways to incorporate watercolours and watercolour techniques into my art, including works with watercolour on canvas.”

Booking link - book a time to see the exhibition, then send an email to make it a Zoom visit.

I've added a video walkthrough to my Instagram account Janeblundellart for those who can't see it in person. To see the paintings click here.

14 comments:

  1. How exciting, Jane! You will have to post a link so we can visit online when your exhibition becomes available. Congratulations. Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Send an email to INFO@GALLERY1111.NET and set up a time (allowing for time changes between Sydney and your time zone) and you can have a Zoom tour. I've also added a video tour to my Instagram Janeblundellart.
      To see all the images in detail, click on the gallery Purchase Artwork link https://www.gallery1111.net/purchase-artwork

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! Please consider posting your work to the blog after the exhibition for those of us who cannot attend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've updated the links so you can find the art work, and added a video to my Instagram Janeblundellart :-)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing this! I’m delighted with this information, where such important moments are captured. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jane, congratulations and I hope the exhibition is breaking sales records! Your email mentioned online viewings but can’t see how to book. Any ideas? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've updated the links, and added a walkthrough to my Instagram account - Janeblundellart - so you can 'be there' yourself.

      Delete
  5. Or tell us how to access the exhibit. I've tried to no avail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the link. Beautiful
    work, the Red Cadenza and the White Water Lily are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red Cadenza is the most time-consuming painting I have done to date - over 200 hours. The idea is that the cadenza in music is the 'showy' part by the soloist; the flower in a plant is also the showy part. And of course there is a lot of red!
      The 'Sacred White Lotus' makes me think of a dancer swirling her skirts. While the original has sold, it is still available in a range of giclée print options 😉

      Delete
  7. Oh, Jane, what a lovely exhibit! Congratulations. I appreciate the stories you shared about Red Cadenza and Sacred White Lotus. The detail is amazing. But, for me, I especially love the paintings of the pink old-fashioned roses.

    ReplyDelete