Thursday 11 September 2014

Schmincke Gouache swatches

Here is my small range of Schmincke Horadam artist quality gouache. I don't use them often, but there are times a more opaque watercolour is needed and Schmincke gouache will rewet well so can be squeezed into a palette ready for use. They intermix with the watercolours too.

Schmincke Horadam Gouache Indian Yellow, Cadmium Yellow Hue, Vermillion, Carmine and Ultramarine Deep

Schmincke Horadam gouache Helio Blue, Helio Green Bluish, Burnt Sienna, Neutral Tint and Ivory Black.

Here is the link to the full range PDF

I like the fact that the neutral tint does not contain black. I do have black and white, though, for monochromatic sketches or working on a coloured or watercolour washed paper. I also have a yellow ochre. It's a good basic 12 colour gouache range. :-)

2 comments:

  1. have you found these to be pretty lightfast, over the years?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't done lightfast tests on these but the pigments are mostly very reliable so I would expect them to be fine.

      Delete