Monday 13 April 2020

Mastering Watercolours online course



I've been teaching a 12 lesson online course via email, using PDF files with step by step instructions, for many years. I've seen fabulous results from many students. However, I have always intended to create videos to make it so much clearer.

It's taken a long time, but I launched the course in April 2020 starting with an Introductory Lesson, all about materials, with each further Lesson popping into mailboxes every week for 12 weeks. 13 lessons in all.

I've sent out invitations to join to those who have been on the waiting list, or for those who have done my PDF course, but I also wanted to share it here.

I've used the Ruzuku platform, as I think it has a great interface for students to clearly see where they are in the course and what they have completed. It also has lots of options to enable students to post their work into galleries or participate in chats.

Here is a page of information and FAQs.

This course is now fully loaded and available as an Open Access course. You can join any time, and take your time to work through the lessons.

I have also created a 13-lesson Travel Sketching course on the platform, and a more advanced extension course to Mastering Watercolours called Special Effects in Watercolour.

4 comments:

  1. I've purchased your Ultimate Mixing Palette book and the Daniel Smith 1/2 pan. I also got the paper and watercolor pads. I look forward to signing up for your lessons. I hope being color blind doesn't hold me back. It all looks very good. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've taught colour-blind people before and I think it depends how serious it is - we do a lot of work with colour and colour mixing and I suspect some will be difficult to see, but outside the typical red-green difficult sphere, there are plenty of other options :-)

      Delete
  2. I've used the Ruzuku platform, as I think it has a great interface for students to clearly see where they are in the course and what they have completed. It also has lots of options to enable students to post their work into galleries or participate in chats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - it is user friendly and has enabled participants to feel connected all over the world.

      Delete